Please note our website is not designed for children and we do not knowing collect and data on under aged individuals.
1.1 WHO ARE WE?
We are a specialist education reseller (established in 1997) with years of dedicated experience in the field of support, supply and audio visual . Over the years we have supplied and supported thousands of schools across the country and have an extremely high level of customer satisfaction (please see our Feefo rating). Askelite Ltd is committed to respecting your data and protecting your privacy. We try our best to be as transparent as possible and only hold and use your data for legitimate business interests. We follow the GDPR guideline and we have stringent measures in place ensure every care is taken when handling your personal data.
Askelite Ltd hosts two websites which are askelite.co.uk and promethean-reseller.co.uk. On both website you will be given the opportunity to select your cookie preference allowing you to be in control of the cookie data we collect. You will also be able to clearly see the list of Cookies we use and for what purpose we use them for.
Our GDPR Administrator / GDPR Owner and data protection representatives can be contacted directly here:
- 0121 796 4230
- Askelite Ltd, Elite House, 6b Forge Lane, Little Aston, Sutton Coldfield, B74 3BE
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
- We may collect your name
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Online browsing activities on askelite.co.uk or promethean-reseller.co.uk
- Order information and history
- Information on buying habits
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
WHEN DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA:
- When you visit our websites
- When you subscribe to our email service
- When we process your order
- When dealing with queries, returns or complaints
- When providing pricing or quotations
PERSONAL DATA WILL BE USED FOR:
- Processing and facilitating orders
- Dealing with queries, returns or complaints
- Accounting and HMRC Purposes
- Contractual obligations
- Legal obligations
- Providing quotations
- Registering warranties
- Logging support calls with manufacturers
OUR LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING FOR THE PERSONAL DATA:
- Processing and facilitating orders
- Legal compliance
- legal obligations
- Contractual obligations
- Legitimate interests
- Promoting and marketing (with your consent)
ANY LEGITIMATE INTERESTS PURSUED BY US, OR THIRD PARTIES WE USE, ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Selling products and services to our clients
- Promoting and marketing (with your consent)
- Understanding customer preferences and requirements
- To adhere to regulatory and legal obligations
By consenting to this privacy notice you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purposes identified.
Consent is required for Askelite Ltd to process both types of personal data, but it must be explicitly given. Where we are asking you for sensitive personal data we will always tell you why and how the information will be used. You may withdraw consent at any time by contacting us via phone, email or online and requesting a withdrawal consent form (GDPR DOC 2.7A). We will need to verify you as a subject by requesting formal identification as proof (the required information is out lined towards the end of this statement).
Askelite Ltd will only pass on your personal data to third parties when required to facilitate your order or service on your behalf. We may also disclose your data to legal or regulatory bodies in such cases as legal disputes.
1.5 RETENTION PERIOD
Askelite Ltd will store your personal data only for as long as necessary for business requirements and legal obligations. The retention periods of different types of data can be found in our Retention Period Procedure. Please feel free to contact us if you have a query on our Retention Period Procedure.
1.6 YOUR RIGHTS AS A DATA SUBJECT
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Askelite Ltd refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined below.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved in the processing of your personal data. If required please use the contact details at the bottom of this Privacy Notice to request a Subject Access Request Form or contact us for any other GDPR queries.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Askelite Ltd (or third parties), or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and Askelite Ltd’s data protection representatives GDPR Administrator / GDPR Owner.
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ('data subject'); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
HOW WE USER YOUR DATA
This privacy statement tells you how we, Askelite Ltd, will collect and use your personal data.
WHY DOES ASKELITE LTD NEED TO COLLECT AND STORE PERSONAL DATA?
In order for us to provide you with a service or product we need to collect personal data for correspondence purposes and/or detailed service provision. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy. In terms of being contacted for marketing purposes Askelite Ltd would seek additional consent.
WILL ASKELITE LTD SHARE MY PERSONAL DATA WITH ANYONE ELSE?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to Askelite Ltd in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide you on our behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with Askelite Ltd’s procedures. If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
HOW WILL ASKELITE LTD USE THE PERSONAL DATA IT COLLECTS ABOUT ME?
Askelite Ltd will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. Askelite Ltd is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
UNDER WHAT CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ASKELITE LTD CONTACT ME?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
CAN I FIND OUT THE PERSONAL DATA THAT THE ORGANISATION HOLDS ABOUT ME?
Askelite Ltd at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If Askelite Ltd does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU.
- Contact details of the GDPR administrator, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Askelite Ltd or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
WHAT FORMS OF ID WILL I NEED TO PROVIDE IN ORDER TO ACCESS THIS?
Askelite Ltd accepts the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested:
Passport, driving licence, birth certificate, utility bill (from last 3 months)
CONTACT DETAILS OF THE GDPR ADMINISTRATOR / GDPR OWNER:
6b Forge Lane
tel: 0800 254 5177